WoodhouseStation1905

Woodhouse Station 1905

The first land selection in the Clare area was "Woodhouse Station" in 1862

 

LadiesWoodhouseStation1905

Ladies of Woodhouse Station 1905

ClareTelegraphStation1913

 

Clare Telegraph Station 1913

In 1869 the Brisbane to Townsville Telegraph (via Clare) was completed. The Telegraph Relay Station opened at Mulgrave (Clare) in 1872 and closed in 1916

 

 

ClareHotel1923

Clare Hotel 1913. In 1926 this building was sold and moved to Ayr.

In 1860 a licensed Hotel opened in Clare. It was built of split slabs by Mr Jack Silver. In 1864 a new hotel was built (above) and the old one closed.

 

 

Request for Police Station at Clare 1889

 

Request for Police Station 1951

 

At the park in the town of Clare there is a memorial dedicated to preserving the town's history.